President Dr. Hassan Rouhani's Decree to the Ministry
President Dr. Hassan Rouhani, based on Articles 87 and 133 of the Constitution and after the confidence vote of the Islamic Consultative Assembly, appointed the government via his decrees to the ministers of the 12th Cabinet, and it was stipulated that the Annexes to these decrees, including some guidelines and priorities, should be taken as crucial headlines by them.
Based on the Annexes, the ministers are required to set up their plans with due regard to the orientations and priorities set forth, and submit executive road maps to his Office within the next two months.
The National Organization for Budget and Planning(NOBP) is also committed to relay a comparative report to the Office of the President on the progress and implementation of the priorities outlined by Dr. Rouhani for due assessment of the progressions.
Details of the Annex addressed to the Ministry of Agriculture Jahad:
The 12th government has a great deal of ambition on the basis of scopes that were presented to the people during the presidential election and also based on perspectives presented to the Islamic Consultative Assembly when introducing ministers. During this period, this government must be able to pass through Iran's enormous challenges accumulated over the past few decades and to create enabling conditions for the final phase of its activities in 2020.
Restrictions on resources plus other political, administrative, social and cultural constraints on one hand and, upstream deeds, including the general policies of Article 44 of the Constitution and of the Resilience Economy on another, require each ministry to pursue and focus on specific and core objectives deserving highest priorities, and concurrent to driving current affairs, put structural reforms on its agenda for implementation.
Therefore, MOAJ has to set up the programs with due attention to the concrete approaches and priorities as pinpointed below and reflect their executive maps soon to my Office.
Also, every six months, the NOBP is to submit a comparative report on the progress and implementation of the priority programs to my Office to appraise the performance and hints.
1. Promoting the health of the administrative system, transparency of finances, improving public access to information, providing equal opportunities, protecting the state properties and legal institutionalizing in all matters.
2- Practicing meritocracy as the only criterion for choosing colleagues supported by interests conflict management in decision-taking, ceding and appointments processes.
3- Adopting due criterion on the "Citizens Rights Charter" in the ministry and affiliated entities, especially in areas related to public rights.
4. Attention to environmental protection in the process of planning and policy making.
5- Prioritizing of ceding activities to private sector and providing viable basis for its greater involvement in planning and operation.
6. Focusing on elimination of monopolies via enforcement of a competitive environment alongside controlling and regulation of exclusive domains.
7. Applying special priority to deployment of E-government over the entire MOAJ fields of management.
8. Incorporating the young people, women and citizens from ethnic groups and religions at managerial and expert levels of various administrative affairs.
1- Serious attention to the limitation of water resources by saving in agricultural water consumption, increasing water productivity in output production, and cooperation with the Ministry of Energy in enrichment of aquifers.
2- Considering the enhancement of greenhouse cultivation in agricultural practices.
3. Significant escalation of the budget impacts on the role of government in the Guaranteed Purchase of agro-crops.
4- Focusing on Food Security and Nutrition Health in sectoral policies.
5. Making vicious changes to the mechanism of agro-crops transaction favoring least mediatory and most farmers' benefits.
6- Minimizing energy consumption in agriculture by increasing energy efficiency.
7- Implementing field specific farming pattern and supporting producers to comply with such normative.
8. Sustainable production of strategic traits, increased performance per unit area and yielding healthy produces.
9. Eeconomizing the size of farming units by increasing farmers' marginal benefits, organizing inputs provision and adjusting the agro-market under a viable " value chain" in the sector.
10. Protection of forests, rangelands and farmlands followed by effective action to combat desertification and dust phenomena.
11. Sustaining national farming operation based on actual water and soil capacities, helping to improve water resources management, preventing soil erosion and realizing the national environmental scopes.
12. Reducing fertilizers and chemical pesticides application in agriculture to promote public health and to lower growing costs of healthcare.
13. Feasibility and development of External Agriculture.
14. Encouraging production of organic commodities.
15- Coordination with the Ministry of Industry, Mining and Commerce to procure the food needed in the market and paying specific attention to livelihoods by reduced inflation on the people.